Sunday, September 21, 2008

Where does the time go?




The two weeks that Willie is home just flies by! I can't believe he has gone back to work already. We try to cram so much into those two weeks that it gets a little crazy around here! We went to Pearl and saw "The Clone Wars". We had a birthday supper for Poppa (my dad's dad). He turned 77 on the 13th and most of the family was able to meet at Michael's and celebrate with him. Sebastian had friends over and they swam and played "Rock Band" all weekend. And somewhere amongst all that, Willie cooked some wonderful meals!


We also started Financial Peace at church......which means we worked on the budget, cancelled our credit cards, and had a plasectomy (meaning we cut up the cards after we cancelled them). We learned that I am the "nerd" and Willie is the "free-spirit". Who would've thought that, hugh? Now we just have to figure out how we are going to budget for Star Wars stuff and still become debt free! We can do it! It will just take a little compromising. :)

2 comments:

Beth Larkin said...

I know it has to be hard to let him go back! I take for granted having mine home with me nightly. We are going to survive "Financial Peace" too. I don't know how peaceful it will be. Ha! Ha! I think the main thing is is to find a happy medium where your preparing for the future, not living off plastic, but still enjoying life. Have a good week girl! Love ya!

Stephenie said...

Welcome to the world of Blog! So good to "see" you online. Check mine out if you want...(click on my name). Hope all is going well!!